

My dad had a stroke 4 years ago today. When I think about my dad or see my dad I don't see him as he is today, I see him as he use to be! Any time we would go some where and my dad would have to wait for me he would have his keys in his hand or his arms crossed with his thumbs out. I can just hear his keys jingle now; this would mean he was ready to go. I'm not real sure if he meant to do that or not, but I always knew that's what that meant. The little funny things are the things you remember the most. I think the thing I love the most is when my dad gets frustrated with me he growls. This personality trait hasn't changed any! He still growls at me!
I feel so bad for my dad because he is such a shy and prideful man. Dealing with the effects of the stroke have really been difficult for my dad, but he still keeps on going even if that means throwing a bad word out there once in a while!! My dad was so talented in so many areas. He loved to refinish antiques, do stain glass, make furniture and draw(WOW was he an awesome artist! I wish I had his ability to draw!). Those are only a few things my dad were awesome at! I can see why he is so frustrated! He's not able to do any of these things anymore.
I am just sitting here reflecting back and wondering why this had too happen? Maybe God wanted to give my dad another wake up call! Who knows! My brother and I are just so thankful he is still here with us!













0 comments:
Post a Comment